Distinctively Wayne State University
The 2016-21 Strategic Plan, "Distinctively Wayne State," is a five-year plan that will result in a thriving institution known for academic and research excellence where every student has a clear pathway to success and the opportunity to flourish in a diverse, collaborative and innovative environment. Through its commitment to research and community engagement, Wayne State will continue to be recognized as a leader in Detroit's revitalization and will grow its reputation for understanding and addressing urban challenges.
Wayne State is currently in the planning stages for its 2022-27 Strategic Plan, and will kick off discussions with a town hall event on Monday, April 19.
Wayne State will be a pre-eminent, public, urban research university known for academic and research excellence, success across a diverse student body, and meaningful engagement in its urban community.
Wayne State's mission is to create and advance knowledge, prepare a diverse student body to thrive, and positively impact local and global communities.
While our vision and mission show where we want to go, our values guide us on the way. They cut across organizational boundaries, bind us culturally, and permeate our strategic and tactical initiatives. They are the defining traits of the Wayne State community.
- Collaboration: When we work together, drawing upon various talents and perspectives, we achieve better results.
- Integrity: We keep our word, live up to our commitments and are accountable to ourselves and each other.
- Innovation: We are unafraid to try new things and learn by both failure and success.
- Excellence: We strive for the highest quality outcomes in everything we do.
- Diversity and Inclusion: We value all people and understand that their unique experiences, talents and perspectives make us a stronger organization and better people.